You’ll be the second designer to join our rapidly growing Product team crafting excellent user experiences for every Australian who is serious about the energy transition.
Designers at Amber collaborate through the entire product lifecycle. On any given day you could be talking to customers doing hands on UX testing, sweating the details on UI elements in Figma, getting loose with breadboarding and prototyping, getting into the finer points of a micro-interaction with an engineer, checking in on analytics to ensure your designs have worked as intended, or even just putting a bit of shine on the app store release notes so our customers notice that awesome new thing we just shipped.
We want designers who are comfortable working fluidly and collaboratively with both engineers and stakeholders across the company. Where possible we get teams to start together, work together, and finish together. We believe our strongest results come from when we work truly cross-functionally, and try to avoid running into the classic “mini-waterfall, design is finished now it’s time for dev” trap.
- Own the design process for projects end to end across our mobile and web applications, both customer and staff facing
- Generate UX solutions that balance customer and business needs while maintaining a cohesive customer experience across all digital assets.
- Craft beautiful, interactive, production ready UI that our users find simple and easy to use
- Be a passionate and attentive voice for user needs and feedback within the business
- Plan & facilitate UX discovery workshops, presentations, research
- Comfortably share your work often and widely. Find the right balance between advocating for your design decisions and incorporating feedback
- Help improve and manage the Amber brand experience within product & digital — suggest improvements, document updates and help set up the building blocks of the Amber Design System
At Amber, we want to hire self-starters who are eager to learn, and are comfortable working in a changing environment.
Our must haves for this role are:
- You have a positive mindset: equal parts curious, collaborative, and can-do
- Four or more years of commercial UX or Product Design experience
- a strong command of interaction and visual design in a mobile environment
- experience in designing and shipping mobile apps for both Android and iOS
We will look favourably on candidates who demonstrate one or more of:
- A high level of skill in Figma or other modern collaborative design platforms
- Relevant domain expertise from working in a relevant industry sector such as energy or home automation
- Recent experience in an agile product oriented organisation with a focus on “in-sprint” design/dev collaboration
- Maturity to discuss your ideas and work critically, receive and provide constructive criticism and feedback in a positive manner
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and a great culture of people who love coming to work to build a better world. You’d be a part of a rapidly growing team of over 50 with expertise across energy, technology, marketing, and operations.
- Be part of a growing technology startup that will shape the future of renewable energy in AU
- Exciting coworking location in the CBD
- Flexible working hours with provision for regular work from home arrangements
- We offset 100% of your carbon footprint for as long as you work with us (via Nul)
- Equitable gender neutral parental leave policies
- An external Employee Assistance Plan for mental health support
- Competitive salary and shares in Amber
- Annual Learning & Development budget to support your personal growth
This is a full time role based in Melbourne. Due to Covid, we mostly work from home, catching up in a coworking space in the CBD every now and then. We expect to remain Melbourne based but maintain flexibility between the office and WFH.
To apply please send us your resume and a cover letter. In the cover letter, tell us about the most complex idea you have needed to communicate through design and how you did it.
If you don’t meet 100% of the requirements listed above we still encourage you to apply. We believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves. We really encourage and welcome people from underrepresented backgrounds in tech to apply.
The Financial Accountant role performs a range of accounting tasks that supports the Finance team and wider business.VIEW JobVIEW Job
We are looking for a triple threat who can produce, shoot and edit videos for Amber’s website and social platforms.VIEW JobVIEW Job