We’re looking for a Data Engineer / Analyst who is excited about applying their analytical and engineering skills to define, measure and ultimately democratize data, metrics and insights that drive decision making across the business.
You'll be joining as the second team member in our centralised data team who have core responsibility for building out our data infrastructure, pipes, and defining the data heuristics for the whole company. We work with a modern data stack, including Snowflake, dbt, and Hevo in AWS.
The central data team also work closely with our broader engineering team coordinating our infrastructure and pipelines from production systems, and closely with the management team on defining sources of truth and the right metrics for success. You'll also be a core member of the broader data/analyst community in Amber, joining a group that have deep expertise across Financial and Energy analytics.
- Work closely with the management team to identify important questions and answer them with data
- Define sources of truth and data dictionaries for key metrics across the business
- Automate reporting and visualization of metrics using modern BI tools
- Partner with the engineering team to select the tools and build the pipelines and processes behind our analytics infrastructure
- Create analyses that tell a “story” focused on insights, not just data.
- Apply models on large datasets to measure results and outcomes.
- Improve overall quality, testing procedures and accessibility of our data.
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Analyst, Data Science, or Data Engineering role.
- Degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Math, Sciences, Engineering).
- Very strong knowledge of SQL to query databases and data sources.
- Knowledge of Python and interacting with tools like Pandas & Numpy.
- Experience working with modern BI infrastructure tooling and designing datastores.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a fast-paced environment, deals well with ambiguity and focuses on driving impact.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, building and maintaining trust with internal stakeholders.
- High attention to detail including precise and effective communications.
- Experience with ETL and data lakes.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and a great culture of people who love coming to work to build a better world. You’d be a part of a rapidly growing team of over 50 with expertise across energy, technology, marketing, and operations.
- Be part of a growing technology startup that will shape the future of renewable energy in AU
- Exciting coworking location in the CBD
- Flexible working hours with provision for regular work from home arrangements
- We offset 100% of your carbon footprint for as long as you work with us (via Nul)
- Equitable gender-neutral parental leave policies
- An external Employee Assistance Plan for mental health support
- Competitive salary and shares in Amber
- Annual Learning & Development budget to support your personal growth
This is a full-time role based in Melbourne. Due to Covid, we mostly work from home, catching up in a coworking space in the CBD every now and then. We expect to remain Melbourne based but maintain flexibility between the office and WFH.
To apply please submit your resume and a cover letter. In your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
1) What’s the mathematical relationship between the wholesale price published on AEMO (https://www.aemo.com.au/) and the price Amber customers pay?
2) What’s your current favourite analytics tool that you’re using at the moment?
If you don’t meet 100% of the requirements listed above we still encourage you to apply. We believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves. We urge and welcome people from underrepresented backgrounds in tech to apply.
The Financial Accountant role performs a range of accounting tasks that supports the Finance team and wider business.VIEW JobVIEW Job
Craft delightful & Intuitive user experiences that help households better understand their habits around energy and drive the renewable transitionVIEW JobVIEW Job